Oh The Places You’ll Go…With an Inflatable SUP!
I love the anticipation of winter in the mountains, but during the shoulder seasons in Tahoe I often long to find a place of warm sun, salt, and sand.
This fall my wanderlust found me in the Exuma Islands – the southern most chain of islands in the Bahamas for 10 days of island hopping. While we would have a couple of boats at our disposal for fishing and touring, I knew I wanted to have my own personal mode of transportation for exploring and fitness. I miss being on my paddleboard in the “off-season” and love having the independence to go on my own adventure and explore when visiting new areas. Traveling with a traditional fiberglass paddleboard had never been an option for me before due to their size, weigh, and fragility. In this scenario I knew that an inflatable SUP would be my best option. After this trip, the inflatable family of SUPs has a new place in my heart and SUP quiver!
Advantages of the Inflatable SUP:
– Compact: The SUP rolled up and fit in my personal luggage
– Lightweight: At 22 lbs in weight, I didn’t have to pay a checked luggage oversize charge
– Pumps come in a variety of sizes including light compact sizes*
– A three or four section breakdown SUP paddle can fit in your luggage as well
– PVC construction makes them durable and worry free when landing on a beach or in transit on a moving boat
– Removable fins make transporting SUPs less hazardous on moving vessels
– Light colored SUPs are non-marking on fiberglass vessels
– SUPs can be a versatile boat tender or personal fishing craft
– Variety of shapes and sizes to accommodate all size paddlers and purposes
*Please note most inflatable SUPs come packaged with a travel bag and pump included and don’t have to be purchased separately.
After using my inflatable SUP as my personal boat tender and tool for exploration, I am convinced that this is a valuable piece of equipment for travelers. I can’t wait to take my inflatable SUP on my next adventure!
Come by this summer and check out our line-up of Inflatable SUPs from a variety of manufactures such as Tahoe SUP, Hobie, NRS and more!